Thursday, July 18, 2013

Race at such a young age

I asked my mom about race the other day because I heard the word and did not understand what it meant. My mom asked me to explain the color of my skin and the color of others in my own words and whatever I say believe in it.

My response was, I am brown and I have bones inside my skin. I go to school with people who are peach or beige and brown like me. Color of skin does not matter because friends are just friends. CJ is my friend and he is beige. We are brown......I don't understand why my mom says black. 

We all come in different shapes, sizes, and color but that should not define who we are. Everyone bleeds blood oh and has bones too. 

martin luther king jr day
Pic from http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/23747/what-is-diversity

1 comment:

  1. Great conversation little guy. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete